Re: Sighting - C50? and 2 NRs

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, James Brook wrote:

>     When I crossed the level crossing at Somerton yesterday at about
> 0740 I noticed a C class, several wagons and then two NRs. They seemed
> to be moving pretty slow. The second NR appeared to be one of the
> aboriginal NR's, possibly NR30 but I'm not completely sure about this (I
> was still half asleep :-) ).

NR30-NR61-C508 ran the Somerton steel shunt yesterday.
NR30 in Aboriginal livery
 R61 missing it's N on it's cabside number
C508 sounding very nice (And putting out quite a lot of exhaust smoke) :-)
Departed Somerton at 09:20 for Melbourne.

Gareth.

 I can't help growing old, but growing up is optional :-)
 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278