Re: Some oddities in Sydney Underground system?

On 27 Sep 1999 12:20:20 GMT, ROY HOWARTH <rhowarth@ihug.com.au> wrote:

>Re Wynyard platforms....
>In 1986, it was planned to renumber platforms 5 & 6 to 1 & 2. It was
>later dropped (probably for the confusion it may have caused). Also, the
>former tramway platforms & tunnels are still owned by the Railways, and
>leased by the Menzies Hotel on the understanding that the Railways may
>want it all back one day.
>
>For the record, I vaguely recall the railway platforms at Milsons Point
>were still numbered 3 & 4 in the 1970's - well after the (original)
>tramway platforms 1 & 2 were demolished in 1959.

The platforms at Macdonaldown in Sydney were numbered 2 and 3 until
the early 80's.  It did appear that Macdonaldtown had platforms on the
Suburban lines at some stage... but... why 2 and 3?  What about the
4th platform?

Albert Alcoceba
  <><
alberta@zip.com.au