Re: GSR will extend the Ghan service to Darwin

There was a train built a couple of years ago to promote Marlboro cancer
sticks and quite rightly the authorities in the US jumped on as blatent
advertising outside guidelines. That train never turned a wheel in service and
as part of the deal with Marlboro had to be scrapped. It was. There were
pictures of it being scrapped in a Trains magazine of about 2 years ago. Don't
ask me to be more precise. In respect of the Euro Star coaches I also believe
they are only about 8ft 6ins wide as per most UK stock.

Cheers

Rod Gayford