Re: NSW RTM in Melbourne

In article <381D26BA.5C8773C3@nmit.vic.edu.au>,
David  <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote:
><HTML>
>heard the 44 and a 422 have come down, no43 alas....

 The 43 has an engine problem of some sort, and they were not able to
repair it. Effort was put into preping the 442 instead.

>David Bromage wrote:
>
>Will the 43 be permitted to lead in Victoria? Who in Victoria would
>be
>qualified to drive it?

 The RTM crew on the train. By now it should be apparent one way or
another, but I was told that RTM crews would take the train ALL the way
to Spencer St, picking up a Victorian pilot (and radio) at Albury.
 The RTM crew know the engines but not the Victorian road. The pilot
knows the road and not the locomotives. For infrequent visits, im sure
this is the best way, instead of a change to a local driver who doesnt
know the equipment very well, but knows the road.