Re: Who does own S317? or who has it now...- Copyright

David Bromage wrote:

> Grahame Ferguson wrote:
> >
> > Or if you registered your business as 'Anzac' Pty Ltd, then you could not go
> > to the RSL and charge them for commemorating Anzac Day.
>
> But you could call yourself, for example, the Australia and New Zealand
> Advertising Corporation, trading as Anzac Advertising.

Anzac is a bad example here as it is a prohibited word for use as a
business name unless you happen to be named "Anzac". (As in Anzac
Cummings Retravision in Byron Bay).

The confusion in this whole discussion is between trademarks, copyright,
registered business names and company names. I admit I don't know the
ins and outs of it but from what I can see, neither does anyone else
posting to this thread.

Any lawyers, please?

Barry Campbell