Re: New Signal Panel at Ringwood

: > I have posted some pictures of the new panel and controls at Ringwood.
: > Some show it in detail and others just a general view.
: >
: > http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord/trains/ringwood/

: Interesting to note the numbering of the signals at Ringwood. On the up,
: 303, 323, 333 and on the down 304, 324 & 334. With the demolition of the
: centre road, they have still kept the option of bringing it back and
: providing signals 313 and 314 to control it.

: Bit of off planning on the signal numbering in the yards. ie 257 points
: reverse should then have 357 signal, but otherwise an nice panel.

: Have they made provision (ie left enuff space) for the remote control of
: Mooroolbark and Lilydale? and is there enuff space to take over Mitcham, or
: will it be abolished?

: When does it go into service?

June 27 is ment to be the change over.  (I think the back platform
will take longer)

I looked at the numbering as well, it is also to do with the up LIL line
as this has 315 as the Up home arrival.

I though the numbering of the point in the sidings was a little stupid, you
are right it should have been reverse say 247 and then signal 347, nothing
lines up (expect siding 4) the as well as setting the main line points
this is what it works out to be:
Siding 1: 255,359
Siding 2: 255,259,357
Siding 3: 255,257,355
Siding 4: 245,249,349 (the way is should be)
Siding 5: 245,347
Siding 6: 245,247,345

No Space for remote contol of any other station (apart from Bayswater which
is currently controled by a  panel in the signal box) it can be switched in
or out (most signalmen have it switched it)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord