Re: 80th anniversary of suburban electrification

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote in aus.rail:

>Les Brown wrote:
>

>> When  is a railway not a railway?
>
>Maybe when it's the Silverton Tramway.
>
>> When is a tramway not a tramway?
>
>When it's an Electric Street Railway.
>
>> When is a Tangara not a Tangara?
>
>When it's a Metgara.
>
>> When is an emu not an emu?
>
>When it's an ostrich.
>
>> When is a horse not a horse, of course, of course.......
>
>When it's Mr. Ed.
>
>> What's in a name?
>
>A bloody lot. Do you want to be called Les Brown or John Smith?
>
>David Langley. (and that's my name)

Yes I know your real name is David Langley and I know you are very
pedantic about accuracy - as per your May Newsrail letter.  Remember
the letter you wrote them (page 157)? You said:

"The two seperate tracks were restored in December 1961, a few months
after through sg freights to Melbourne commenced running".

Since you had previously written in your letter that the Standard
Gauge line to Melbourne was opened on 3rd January, 1962, how does that
all fit in?

Of course since the editor of Newsrail is not permitted to make
mistakes, one assumes that neither is your letter.

If you did not write the letter and you are not the same D. Langley of
Seymour, or maybe I misunderstood your letter, I apologise, but if you
did, would you please explain? In the interests of accuracy a reply
would be welcome

Les S. Brown (the original and one and only)