Re: GSPE train at Waterfall today

C. Dewick wrote in message <7insvt$a7l$1@lios.apana.org.au>...

>Hi,
>
>Drove out the driveway earlier next to the bush fire brigade depot today
and
>across the bridge in front of the station here at Waterfall to find the
GSPE
>train in the yard, with an NR loco detaching itself from (what turned out
>be when I got onto the highway and started driving towards Heathcote) the
>rear car of the set.
>
>The train had people on it too, so I don't know if they were GSPE staff, or
>railfans on a tour, or what. Anyone know any more about this?
>
>Regards,
>
>Craig.

The run to Waterfall was for tourist industry personnel. This afternoon's
return to Brisbane was conveying mainly similar passengers.

The Bankstown loop was closed again today so the GSPE turned on the Olympic
Park line again.

Whilst there is supposed to be a edict that diesels will be permitted on
this line in emergency only, I guess the fact that the GSPE needs to be
turned to get the observation car on to the end constitutes an emergency
during track work!! It took some time for the fumes to clear the station
area.

Geoff