Re: More 'PIDS'

No... Plasma screens _DO_ burn in because they are still CRT's - just
thousands of tiny ones stuck to a glass plate.. instead of having one big
one being deflected, here they are a digital type device in that you have to
address each separate CRT gun which corresponds to a single pixel.

Brisbane has normal TV-type CRT's and we have no distortion (at all) even if
we get a faulty spark go by which draws heaps of current and radiates quite
staggering amounts of EMI.

Plasma is very expensive, and given the fact that they burn in just as much
as normal CRT's, plus the fact that they have contrast problems and single
pixel failures (quite often) they aren't yet worth the money in most cases.

Normal CRT's are better if you know what you are doing. Plasma screens are
better if you have millions of dollars to spend and very little time to
think about what you are doing.

Alex Borodin
Signal and Operational Systems
Queensland Rail