Re: Melbourne Trams/TV 9 beatup

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> writes: > I've just seen the most biased report about the trams that could be
> shown. In fact if it wasn't Channel 9 then I would have been worried. It
> seems that three "experts" (and I use the word cautiously) say that the
> trams should be taken off the streets and put in a museum. Now when you
> think about it these three experts are probably funded by the road lobby
> and of course they would say this. Unfortunately all channel 9 could
> find in the way of a pro-tram person was interview an academic who
> travels to work by tram. What a pity they didn't do their homework and
> go out and find someone who could defend the trams cause properly.

I believe Paul Mees is a Public transport Users Association member or some
like sympathiser: the name "rings-a-bell".

I watched a tape of program, (expecting some other matter) and called
TV station for names, spelling and contact details etc. Person on duty "Doesn't
have access to computer files, for 'security" reasons" call during business
hours. I suggested their multimediamonster lacked service and wished her good
evening. At least they could have put interviewees names in subtitle style
on screen.

Time to go back, play tape again and tell advertisers I'm boycotting their
products.

Or is it time for a deep and meaningful slumber?