Re: Melbourne Trams

Michael Walker wrote:

> Amen brother, Sydney and Brisbane got rid of their trams and look what
> happened there. The justification was that  modern buses would keep the
> traffic moving unlike the trams which took up the centre of the road and
> were old.
> [..<cut>..]

Isn't it a shame Sydney's latest attempt at trams is once again nothing more
than a closedsegregated loop. Unfortunately it reminds me of the monrail, just a
tourist attraction. I'm very
worried the fascination will wear off all too soon. I would like to see the
*real* attempt up and running
rather than this bullshit of using old train lines (wouldn't a full rail service
around the old goods
line all the way back to dulwich hill have been better?)
yes yes i know this has all been discussed before.
In other words.. I agree with you.

Homer