Re: Super Series 42220

In article <374a45e7.26535392@news.netconnect.com.au> krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel ) writes:
>From: krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel )
>Subject: Re: Super Series 42220
>Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 07:04:20 GMT

>On Mon, 24 May 1999 09:26:20 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie

>>A more interesting question is can the EMD system co-exist with the GE micro
>>sentry,ie is the load of an NR + 81 the combined loads of the locos when used
>>singly?
>>
>Yes. No reduction for any NR loco combo except when operating with ELs
>in the consist (highly unlikely nowadays).

>Cheers

>Krel

>Waxy Wary Zany Zebu

Sorry I should have asked the question slightly differantly.
What I meant was is the combined load of say NR + 81 the sum of the super
series load , ie between say Albury and Junee can we handle 1750 + 1650 tonnes
for NR + 81 combination , 3400 tonnes total,or is the 81 counted with its load
for non SS loco , ie 1100 tonnes?
Maybe this issue never arises?

Another interesting aside is the loads for 82s seem to be the same as for 81s
even though the 82s are fitted with the much larger D87EBTR series motors ,
same as the 90s and the Westrail Qs
Continuous tractive effort is quoted at 413 kn which is higher than an NR (388
kn).
When NR were using the 82s was this in any way obvious?

Thanks
MD