Re: Martin Place Indicators

On Tue, 18 May 1999 01:45:43 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>I saw the new indicators at Martin Place, and I am quite impressed.  They are
>very clear to see.  I have two complaints:
>

>2) The time runs off an (incredibly reliable and deadly accurate) computer
>clock, so the time is never really 100% accurate.  Unfortunately, the clock is
>over 20 seconds slow as of today, so late running passengers think that the
>train is leaving early. (This is a problem with all the new SPIs that link to a
>computer clock).

This may be so, but MARTIN PLACE has a habit of allowing trains to
depart up to two minutes EARLY on a regular basis.   I used to catch
the 1618 Martin Place to Port Kembla service on weekdays.   It is
preceeded at an advertised 1615 by a Waterfall/Thirroul service which
regularly departs at 1614 and occasionally at 1613.

Hunslet.