Sydney Eastern Suburbs Rly

I'm trying to find details of the way patronage
built up in the six months or so after the
opening of the Eastern Suburbs Railway to Kings
X, Bondi Junct. etc. in Sydney.  I believe it
opened in 1979 and there seems to be no data
available about the numbers of tickets sold or
passengers before 1985.  Does someone out there
know of any studies that were done at the time or
have any data to hand.

Please email me, as I don't have great access to
newsgroups at the moment.

Thanks

Lawrence H