Re: G.S.P.E

In <JeS03.33294$MB3.51004@newsfeeds.bigpond.com> <glillic@msn.com.au> writes:

>What well known interstate train was not able to travel around the Bankstown
>loop last weekend and turned via the Olympic Park line? And what such train
>was hauled by an NR class loco ?# with NRC crews who assumeably did not know
>the road? They did not appear to stop to pick up a pilot!!! OOps!!!!

But they're National Rail drivers - they don't need to know the road.. They
just go, go, go! 8-)

I hate the attitude of some (I did say *some*) of the NR crews - they behave
just like some Eveleigh drivers who claim they are superior to everyone
else because they work on 'passenger' trains and we (the other CityRail
drivers) don't.... such is life in the world of railway animosity.

I'm happy to be a miniscule CityRail driver. We don't have to worry about
the animosity ego-hype - just ignorant passenger and (sometimes) network
control and station staff egos.

It reminds me of the arguments that went on post-Cowan Bank over who was
'allowed' to work on heritage trains. Eveleigh tried to claim that Enfield
drivers and firemen (as well as other CityRail crews) weren't qualified to
work heritage passenger trains, when some of the older Enfield drivers
*were* from Eveleigh, and some who'd never been there were working on
heritage trains all the time.

I'll never forget the time myself and a couple of other keen railfan drivers
from Enfield proposed a heritage train just for railfans, crewed by people
*we* selected (namely ourselves and other Enfield people who we got along
with well). Once Eveleigh got wind of this there was such a huge hoo-haa
that we dropped the idea, but not until most of the wind was blown out of
Eveleigh's ego-sails... I think it made a lot of people realise just how
much the heritage trains were simply a 'job for the boys' and nothing else.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport