Re: Electric Staff in Victoria

David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> wrote:

>Geoff Lambert wrote:

>> "Ron BEST" <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Indeed. Remember Newton Abbot.

>> Isn't that Abermule?  I thought Newton Abbot was on the double-track
>> main in Devon?
>>
>> Geoff Lambert.

>You are so right. No electric staff at Newton Abbot at least on the main
>line. And wasn't Abermule a classic case of a man made mistake in
>safeworking.

"men"-made.  a concatenation of errors and omissions by train and
station staff, including the failure alluded to in earlier posts that
the staff never got back to the instrument to be passed into it.  If
there were N mistakes in this chain of errors, probably making only
N-1 would have ensured the collision didn't occur.

Newton Abbot, by the way, probably popped into someone's mind because
of a recent accident there involving single track leads (I think I got
that right).

Geoff Lambert.