Re: Martin Place Indicators

David Johnson wrote in message <374039A7.D89168EA@ozemail.com.au>...
>I saw the new indicators at Martin Place, and I am quite impressed.  They
are
>very clear to see.  I have two complaints:
>
>1)  They still think Erskineville and St Peters are on the Illawarra line,
so
>the all stations to Hurstville train described as "Limited Stops" when it
should
>really read "All Stations"

Not being a person to challenge the authority of a City Rail guard I would
think that Erskineville and St Peters are actually on the Illawarra line but
Illawarra line trains don't stop at those stations.  This is like
Macdonaldtown to Croydon stations being on the Western line but not having
Richmond trains stopping there. All a matter of perception I suppose.

>2) The time runs off an (incredibly reliable and deadly accurate) computer
>clock, so the time is never really 100% accurate.  Unfortunately, the clock
is
>over 20 seconds slow as of today, so late running passengers think that the
>train is leaving early. (This is a problem with all the new SPIs that link
to a
>computer clock).

ALL computer clocks that I have seen aren't very accurate.  They need to be
reset regularly to the correct time.  Perhaps the staff responsible for
these indicators should look at regularly resetting their clocks.

Chris Lehmann
CityRail Commuter