Spencer St Station [Was Re: Vandalism?]

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> I was quite disgusted in what I saw today, in a little country town in the
> middle of no-where almost. Nyora. The station was literally covered in
> graffiti, particularly of the satanic sort.
>
> I think there is a lot wrong with a lot of todays youth, however speaking
> as one of todays youth i can say im quite disgusted to see this shit
> myself.
>
> regards,
> michael.

Here here (yes, I'm a young person as well).  Two weekends ago I was
travelling back from Taree, NSW and caught the 20:45pm XPT from Sydney
Central.  I arrived in Melbourne at about 7:15am the next morning and
had to hang around for about 2.5 hours for a train home.

Now, granted that not a lot is going on at MSS at that time of the week,
I was most disgusted to find someone urinating inside the phone booth
room near the Metcard barriers. I'd seen a number of people including
this one sleeping on the benches beforehand and he looked fairly drunk.
There was no-one around to do anything - not even much of a chance of
the person being caught.

If this is the sort of image that railways want to project to the public
then I guess that's fine.  But sure as hell it won't encourage the
general public to have *anything* to do with train stations or train
travel.  This can't possibly have been the first incident of this sort
of thing.

The thought of catching that XPT going back to where it came from went
through my mind many times, believe me...

Reuben