Re: City Rail Guards

Why does all of this defence by Sydney spark guards remind me of Vic guards,
first freight, then spark of a few years ago?

I well recall the same statements, "it might be allright to get rid of guards
at XYZ but no way could they do it here" I even remember Vic spark guards
saying, cant do it in Melbourne, "wrong side platforms, curved platforms"

Well sorry to tell our Sydney comrades but they did it in Melbourne, (actually
the spark drivers I talk to say the system runs better now without them) and
they will do it in Sydney.

BTW, please explain why you always bring up Sydney's curved platforms. Last
time I was in Sydney the sparks didn't have rear view mirrors meaning the
driver can't see back anyhow. If you have a curved platform where only the
guard can see half the platform who looks out for the other half?

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/