Re: guard/driver training (was: "Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe")

David Johnson wrote:

> C. Dewick wrote:
>
> > Nobody allows any time for new drivers and guards to get used to the actual
> > working conditions, and the way things operate, and this causes soooo many
> > stuff ups.
>
> hehe like a certain guard (ask me one night Craig) who read the WTT which had the train
> arriving at Circular Quay and forming another run.  The guard then dutifully terminated
> the train and got all the passengers off, because the guards school had never mentioned
> how to read the timetables!
>
> --
> David Johnson

Its been done a few times.

Try this one:

When I was in Central as a Guard, I was a "selected" guard and had to take the new ones on
my roster and watch them work the train.
Anyway on this day I had a Indian or "Twist Top" as we call them. On the way back into town
via East Hills we were running late because this guy spent on min looking where we were on
the time table. by this time we were 5+ min late.

Pulling out of East Hills I said "We're running late throw the bloody time table out the
window and get a move on".
I then settled down into my seat and saw something fly out of the window in the corner of
my eye. I got up, poked my head out the door and saw pages of timetable flying everywhere!
"What the...............  Why did you do that for?"
"Ah you told me to throw it out the window, so I did".

rgds