Re: guard/driver training (was: "Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe")

C. Dewick wrote:

> We had a perfect example of this at Cronulla a couple of years ago when
> the guard on the last train in one weeknight belled the driver back
> through a set of open catchpoints towards the mainline when he mistook the
> wrong signal as being the right one by assuming the actual correct signal
> had failed, so the other one must have been pulled off instead.... Doh!
>
> He'd obviously never really learnt Cronulla yard properly... 8-)

Even the ASM (DM?) down there doesn't know Cronulla too well.  He tried to clear
the starting signal, but it wouldn't clear, so he cleared the shunt ahead signal
and told the driver to shunt ahead to Woolooware and keep going.   Hmmmmm.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard