Re: Surrey Hills - another crossing failure II

Several people e-mailed me to state that last week's failure was of a
train, not the crossing as such.  The result was the same: traffic banked
back to major crossroads.

On Wed.12.5, the crossing had failed again.  Traffic was banked back.  As I
drove past at 8.15, cars were wiggling though the boom barriers.  It is not
hard to understand their frustration.

Long after Surrey Hills and Mont Albert did not have their crossings
eliminated, minor Watsonia had its railway lowered to eliminate a level
crossing.  The grateful council then sealed off the road and turned the
bridge into a carpark.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith