Re: Tours Cancelled

Most bus companies develop a travel club, and then market their tours to
this group, taking into account what they can afford, the hours of the day
they prefer to travel, mobility, etc. The steam trips out of Lilydale twice
yearly seem to have tapped this market, providing passengers in the eastern
suburbs the same convenience that travellers in the western suburbs have had
for years.

The rail fan market is dwindling. I haven't travelled on a tour for years.
Even quadruple headed R class won't get me back on steam tours.

A quadruple headed S class diesel tour probably would though! Diesel tours
are more reliable and less prone to breakdown. They also tend to be better
value for money.

For non fans steam is a big draw card, so that is why the market should be
to them. Railfans will still travel and motorcade these tours

.The concept of the Vintage Train was to tap the non fan market. Steamrail
and other groups need to go for the mass market and get bums on seats,

Cheers
John Wayman

7h50u9$ube$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:7h50u9$ube$1@nnrp1.deja.com...