Re: Safeworking the safe way

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : Fawkner to Upfield is no longer Staff & Ticket
>
> Am I right in saying that Upfield to Somerton is Staff but No ticket?
> I know that you need about 3 or 4 different people to say you can use
> the line.

At Fawkner there is a baulk "on No 1 track at a point 20 metres from the end of the
track. The new length of No 1 track is 165 metres." That suggests that they don't
want you to run a train through there but it to my knowledge has not been closed.

With respect to this line a recent circular says that following track work in the
Ford's Siding area, sg train may again run there with out referring to the Special
Speed Restrictions. That sounds like we may see trains there again in the future.
Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

David Langley.