Re: gunzel?

David Bromage wrote:

> John Dennis (jdennis@acslink.net.au) wrote:
> > I am not sure.  I thought "gricer" was a term for somebody who was
> > interested in collecting route mileage, but it may be a generic term
> > for an "anorak".
>
> IIRC, gricing is "train spotting". In Australia, collecting engine numbers
> was never really popular (John Cleverdon excepted *grin*) as it still is
> in the UK.

Well, its more than just a sign of madness (looking behind my back for the
people in white coats <vbg>).
I also pass my observations from the MFT etc on to Roderick Smith, in case
there is anything of interest for Rail News Victoria.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers