Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours

    Taking another angle, who holds the actual Liquor Licence for the
SteamRail train?
If there are offending passengers do what V/Line & CountryLink do, i.e.-
boot them off and call the Police.
If it is a big problem  make it a dry train.  You can never elimate the
problem totally but you can always take steps to curb it.
If the passengers are repeat offenders ban them from future tours.
However, I personally have not heard of such drunken reports on Steam Rail
Tours.

    But the problem for Tour cancellation may have to do with rail charges,
and the fact if some tours are run close to each other.  Possibly, too many
operators in a small market.  Is a rationalisation of operators now needed??
Are there successful operators out there, and are they ready to take over
the running of Rail Tours?

     To add to this, now we have WCR running R711 on a regular basis.  Steam
Train rides have now been put into the Corporate world and taken from the
Non-Profit world.

Running Tours at a loss one after the other is a dangerous recipe for all
Volunteer Organisations.  Is this the beginning of the end for Volunteer
groups in this State??