Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

In <7gtn5e$9k6$1@news.mel.aone.net.au> "David Proctor" <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> writes:

>Ron BEST wrote in message ...

>>can someone pls tell me whether trailing crossovers used regularly for
>>turning trains back have one or both sets of trailing points fitted with
>>FPLs? If not, doesn't this contradict the rule about FPLs having to be
>>fitted to ALL points used by passenger trains in the facing direction?

>This rule seems to have fallen by the wayside - looking at the junction at
>Harris Park, none of the points appear to have FPL's - or at least, not the
>type we have gotten used to, although there IS a lot of rodding outside the
>tracks.

The extra rodding is used to apply force to the switchrails in more than one
place because the switchrails are so long. Those turnouts probably all have
internal FPL's because one track of the y-link is bi-directional (I'm not
actually qualified for the y-link, so I don't know which one!).

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport