Re: Salisbury Comeng QR

> MattyQ wrote:
>
> The standard gauge siding is now called Pradella siding and is shunted on a
> daily basis. What freight is loaded there escapes me for the moment.

I wished it was shunted on a daily basis.  At present it tends to be
about 3 days a week somewhere between 3am and 6.30am in the morning,
usually hauled by an NR class or 81.  The push the train back down
the main line to Acacia Ridge after being in the siding.
On a normal week it would operate on a Mon, Wed & Fri morning.  When there
has been a long weekend it tends to get mucked up a bit and be a Tuesday
or Wed morning.  If the train from down south is late then the shunt
train runs late.

There was one yesterday morning Wed 5/5 (NR & 11 wagons) at 3.20am into the
siding then out again at 6.30am.  They carry large coils of rolled
steel.  Seems to me they must unload them while the train waits. I
live about 500m up the road from the siding so see some of the trains
come and go.

Graham Duffin,
Salisbury, Qld.