Re: Sydney Airport Rail

In article <k2RX2.9$pk6.409798@news0.optus.net.au>,
David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote:
>Matthew Geier (matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au) wrote:
>> In article <OIOX2.4$pk6.346630@news0.optus.net.au>,
>> David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote:
>
>> >So what happens if you buy a ticket from Central to Wolli Creek and get
>> >off at Domestic?
>
>>   You can't exit the station. :-)
>
>>  I presume the barriers will be programmed to reject otherwise valid
>> tickets.
>
>Suppose you used one of the staffed barriers where you just flash your
>ticket? Suppose you have one of the rover style tickets?

 Since the stations will be privately run, I expect the staff at the
'manual' gate will look rather more carefully at the tickets than your
average cityrail SA. Their jobs will directly depend on the revine.

 My usual ticket I use to get to and from work will let me leave Mascot
and Wolli Creek stations. I dont expect that waving it at a domestic
station SA will get me very far.

>Does it also apply to CityRail employees travelling free?

 I would expect the station owners would charge them the surcharge amount,
before letting them leave the station.