Re: Reopening NSW branch lines

Hunslet wrote in message <37021600.6136989@news.cia.com.au>...

>Now that Labour has been returned, with a new Labour Member in
>Bathurst, doubtless the Government will wish to look after its country
>members (more than he National Party?)

But why would you introduce a train when a coach can provide a much faster
and more frequent service? From what I hear, the people of Bathurst are more
than happy with the service they now have, and will be even happier when
Bathurst is brought into the CityRail ticketing system - all those
pensioners, able to go to Sydney for the dya for only $3.

>I seem to recollect it was thw National Party which forced through the
>re-introduction of rail services to Moree and Armidale - am I correct?

It was.