Re: VLP Rumors

"Rod" <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>Anamul wrote in message ...
>>New Owners to take over on 2nd August 1999

>Despite splutters of denial down Geelong way. the money is on Marinus and
>Friends, or at least they are organising V/Line in such a way that they
>think they have it ??
>And I didn't even turn my computer on tonight, so it was definitely not me
>saying this [also]
>:o)

IMAA1AH.... I thought that it was a FV+WCR consortium that has VLP
sewn up.  MPI is to take over *all* loco maintenance and upgrades
including the supply of ELs for the Warrnambool, Mildura and Sale
(then Bairnsdale) lines.  Also S class and GN GMs on BG to haul grain,
Gs for interstate SG work, N class for marginally profitable
intrastate goods trains.

:)