Re: Peterborough Steamtown Easter Trip.

There are any number of places offering free web hosting.  Uploading to those
sites costs no more than uploading to an alt.binaries group, and is a much
better alternative.  Many ISPs don't carry the alt.binaries... groups, or
delete the postings very quickly.  You can leave the images up on your web
pages as long as you like.

Look for XOOM, tripod, geocities, etc, etc.

In article <01be7af8$89d26e20$LocalHost@default>,
  "dirtcircuitvideos" <dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Where do you recommend I post my Photos, it takes a lot
> longer and costs more than the News Groups.
> Why no Australian Railways Binaries of Pics
> News Group.
> and how about starting one.
> Yours in The Steam
> Robin
> --
> Dirtcircuit Videos
>  Email:  dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com
> Webpage:  http://www.users.bigpond.com/dirtcircuitvideos.htm
>
> David Proctor <daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote in article
> <7dp1i0$bbd$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
> > Being unwittingly part of the conspiracy, dirtcircuitvideos was unaware
> of
> > what they were doing when they typed:
> >
> > >Steamtown will be operating over Easter Sunday using
> > >the NC1  assisted by Desil Loco NSU.55 on her Maiden
> > >run ,Steam  Loco W901 is still down with Boiler Work,
> > >more Photos tomorrow on ::  alt.binaries.pictures.rail
> >
> > Hi Robin - just a thought - most news servers do not keep their binaries
> for
> > vrey long - wouldn't it be better to post the pictures to a free website,
> so
> > they can stay there for a lot longer? And if you put a counter on it, you
> > will know how many people have visitted.
> >
> > DaveP

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html