Re: Clayton Harris trains

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Michael wrote:
> > There are also a number of scrapped (?) Harris cars in a quick-sand pit in
> > Clayton that have apparently begun resurfacing due to the air inside them. I
> > am not sure of the exact location but i think it is Osborne Ave but don't
> > quote me on that. Due to lack of transport i have not been able to go and
> > confirm for myself if this is true.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?
> Even a Melways ref would be even more helpful if you could :)

According to the latest Melways, the Osborne Ave landfill is at 79 D8; there are
also 4 other landfills/tips nearby (to the west and southwest) - take a look at
the bottom-left-hand-corner of Map 79.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers