Re: Cowra-Blayney line

In article <36FE07CD.400E8917@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:
>Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 20:43:25 +1000
>From: David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Cowra-Blayney line

>Ben Staples wrote:

>> It's about time the freight companies were not held to ransom by the Main
>> North via Hornsby. The Kandos - Gulgong section will increase the
>> flexibility of the network and allow serious work to be done on the
>> Hornsby - Newcastle line without the problem of freighters rolling through
>> your worksite every half hour.

>In all seriousness, they would do well to complete the Gulgong to Wellington
>line.  North to West trains could save 12 hours.  North to South trains could
>use this line, then run via Peak Hill and Forbes (via the new triangle at
>Parkes).

>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard
>trainman@ozemail.com.au
>http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

Yes , this is the best solution of the lot .
I beleive that a fair amount of the embankment / bridges still exist.
If building a new line is just too far out for RAC to contemplate, then
building a spur line at Merrygoen from the Gulgong line  to the Dubbo
line would be the next best thing. ie a triangle at Merrygoen.

MD