Re: The Victorian 4D train

May I suggest you take a look at the overhead and tracks between platforms
14,1 and 2. The track bed was lowered in conjunction with the 4D project,
hence the concrete trackbed when the others are ballasted. I know, I
remember when it was done! I also used to go to uni with a guy involved in
the overhead construction branch who was involved. The stories he had...

For a comparison of what it used to look like, you can see it at the
excellent site www.alphalink.com.au/~pjv and look in the I Remember Flinders
Street section for the Harris train approaching platform 2. It shows the old
setup quite clearly.