Re: The Victorian 4D train

David Bennetts wrote:

> Amin Azoor wrote in message <36FCDAE1.8EA9E31E@ozemail.com.au>...
> >Why is it that the double decker train only runs on the hillside line.
> >one of my mates said it's because no much hillside trains go through the
> >loop. And does anyone know when railpage is updated?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Amin Azoor
>
> The train is out-of-gauge for certain lines, I believe this mainly relates
> to platform facings.

Also overpass clearance - some overpass have minimal clearance, which means
the contact wires are much lower through that area and cannot accommodate the
4D set.  AFAIK, several roads at Flinders Street were lowered in order to
maintain sufficient clearance between contact wires and roof of the 4D set.

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia                       Email: chani@translib.com.au
Disclaimer:
This message only contains opinion of the author above.   It  does  not
express the views, policies or opinions of organisations represented by
the author.
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my e-mail address **