Re: Notes on Standardisation

dirtcircuitvideos wrote in message <01be77d5$3d261d40$097228cb@default>...
>Why all This Dislike for any mention of Peterborough

Not at all - Peterborough was a grand old station - I remember having a day
to kill in Broken Hill, so I caught the Indian Pacific to Peterborough and
watched the passing parade before catching the return IP (this was when the
IP ran 4 days a week, and it was on a Tuesday out of BHQ).

It just gets annoying when everyone else can see that nothing is going to be
done about the station (except by the local council) particularly when there
are only three trains per week in each direction. And then you go on and on
and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it.

All the agitating in the world in this newsgroup will make not one iota of
difference - you are preaching to the converted after all, and South
Australian politicians are not going to listen to me (living in Sydney) or
anyone else (living wherever).

It just gets rather boring after a while. Post on regarding movements
through Peterborough (I find it very informative) but lay off on the stuff
about the station.

DaveP