Re: 50 years of Trolley Buses in Wellington NZ

Go trolley buses! Kill the regional council for hating them! ;)

Oops. Better not, they hand out those all-important subsidies...

Seriously, 50 years, happy birthday! I grew up on these as much as those
yellow Hungarian-made trains we have on the Upper Hutt and Paraparaumu
lines... :) Anyone want to put up their hands to making either of these an
unique Wellington icon?

:)
J.. :)
--
Jonathan Ah Kit
ahkitj@paradise.net.nz, ahkitj@poboxes.com, ahkitj@usa.net, ICQ#9747234

David McLoughlin <davemcl@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
36FC946F.522@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz">news:36FC946F.522@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz...
> Today was the 50th anniversary of trolleybuses in Wellington, New
> Zealand.
>
> This is a milestone at least as important as the recent 50th anniversary
> of trolleybuses in Vancouver BC Canada.
>
> Wellington is the only city in the English speaking world still with
> trolleybuses outside the few in Canada and the US.
[snip!]