Re: Who is HSmith, Goninans and FV

>> I recently heard a rumour that all of VLF's locos and the Dynon Loco
>> Depot have been on-sold to a company called Motive Power Incorporated
>> and that FV would lease locos back from MPI as and when required.  The
>> same rumour monger also said that Goninans had not yet put their
>> shekels on the table yet for their share of the purchase of VLF by the
>> FV consortium.
>>
>> UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR:      SET MODE OFF

SCT's yellow shunting Loco has V/Line Logos on it, as well as SCT, and as I
passed it on Friday I am sure a Black
Motive Power Logo [??]  When I asked at Dynon, I was told the third partner
was a dummy company set up by V/Line to better enable them to compete
against GN and AUSTRAC. Manpower said it had two employees, Manager and one
Driver, although normal V/Line crews and Hardware would be used by MP for
any contracts won! [at very cheap rates]
This could be rubbish, as it would not be the first time I have been fed
such.
Rod