Re: Who is HSmith, Goninans and FV

alco@acay.com.au wrote, and I selectively quote:

>It is now official.  Goninans is up for sale.  Faced with the prospect
>of no new contracts in the next year Howard Smith Industries has
>decided to sell up.

UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR:        SET MODE ON

I recently heard a rumour that all of VLF's locos and the Dynon Loco
Depot have been on-sold to a company called Motive Power Incorporated
and that FV would lease locos back from MPI as and when required.  The
same rumour monger also said that Goninans had not yet put their
shekels on the table yet for their share of the purchase of VLF by the
FV consortium.

UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR:      SET MODE OFF

Is there a company called Motive Power Inc?  Do they have a presence
in Aus or Vic yet? (or is it another name for Austrac, Great Northern,
Rail Technical Services, Genesee & Wyoming, Wisconsin Central)

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos