Re: Victorian Diesels.

Peter Williams (williams@eck.net.au) wrote:

> You can certainly feel them! As an amusing aside to this I have been told that the
> vibrations
> are pretty good at setting off the car alarms at the Essendon station car park
> when notching up.

I have seen a similar thing happen near Glenroy. An A class on a Seymour
pass was held by a late running spark. The vibrations and reverberation
off the nearby shops were incredible. At least two car alarms went off.

3801 was also known for setting off car alarms when running on the old
Darling Harbour line.

Cheers
David