Re: Hitachiis with BS trains Logos.

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Amin Azoor wrote:

> Anyone got any pictures of Hitachis with Bayside trains logos. I've only
> seen two (One at South Yarra and one at Mordialloc both on my way
> to/from school) so I know they exist. I've seen enough Comengs with the
> logo so don't worry about that. Plus if the Comengs are newer than the
> Old Harris cars how come one picture of an Old Harris in met livery had
> the number 93?M.

AFAIK there are two Hitachi motors with Bayside ID on them - 25M, and
217M.  There could possibly be more.

The refurbished Harris cars were numbered 901M - 908M ( and also 601M -
608M respectively, but were renumbered back to the 900's so as not to
clash with Comeng cars.)

With the update of my web page, I plan to include brief historical info on
many of Melbourne's sparks, so if you can wait until I update, you can
read about them and get the full story.

Gareth