Fixing the Nth Coast Line.

Arthurs Hansard reports make timely reading and reinforce the requirements
that urgent funding is needed to fix the Rail Infrastructure.
Most observers rightly point out that the Nth Coast line north of Maitland is
by far the worst of the whole national network.
I however have never seen or heard of any reports as to how this line might
be fixed,short of closing it completely and building a new one.
Are there any reports or possible new alignments proposed.
Closing the line would be impratical due to the number of medium sized towns
that it goes through,and I really doubt that we can afford two lines to
Brisbane.

MD