Re: RD March issue

"Derek Rogers" <DekRogers@bigpond.com> [ON 9th March] wrote:

>Further to last month’s discussion of RD......

>The magazine was available to ARHS members last Wednesday
>and the subscription copies were posted this morning.

And I received them in the mail 6 days ago.... who says Australia Post
is slow?!  But, the above message, which arrived on my server on 18/3,
is dated 9/3.  Did this message get relayed by the Pioneer 12
spacecraft, currently nearly 4 light days from Earth?  So how, if at
all, are newsgroups on different source servers "coordinated"
world-wide so that dialogues look like dialogues instead of voices out
of the blue.  How does a message get delayed for a week?  Is this a
problem with Big Pond, do the minnows get lost in the big pond?

Geoff Lambert