Re: New Sydney underground station

David Johnson wrote in message <36EBA57F.2C01A522@ozemail.com.au>...
>It would be pretty dumb to do that on the City Circle, as that area is a
short
>walk from Wynyard.  If they seriously want to put in a new station, they
would
>be wiser to complete the Inner City Circle line which goes under Hunter
Street
>from St James.
>
>--
>David Johnson

I'd like to see that "Inner Circle" infrastructure used, and projected s/e
through Taylor Sq in the fullness of.... BUT - where would you have it go at
the western end - through a tight curve into Wynyard and onto the Bridge? (I
LIKE that idea!).

OTOH, I do see some sense in a station located near the 5* hotels in that
sector of the City. Underground links to the liftwells of the hotels would
be a "must" but yes it would tie in with the airport service.

WRT Martin Place and St James, wouldn't a pedestrian link suffice - maybe a
travelator?

DW