Re: New Sydney underground station

matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au (Matthew Geier) wrote:

>  I cant see how they could build a circle station near the library with out
> massive disruption to Maquarie St.

If I recall correctly there is plenty of excavated underground space
between the City Inner and City Outer already available in that
vicinity, left over from the Bradfield inner city loop stub running up
from St James.  There should only be relatively small surface works
needed for escalator shafts to platform level.  Most construction
would be underground, using the existing excavated facilities as a
basis.

Cheers,

Bill