Re: MELBOURNE TRAMS - BATMAN AVENUE LINE

I notice today that the first poles for overhead wiring have now been
erected.  About 10 are in place.  The remainder of the poles are lying
next to the track ready to be planted.  They appear to be centre poles
rather than side poles with span-wires.  There are no brackets on the
poles yet.

There is still a lot of track yet to be laid - particularly at each end
of the new line - ie through the park to Swan Street and over the new
bridge to Flinders Street.