Re: Hitachi

Amin Azoor wrote:

> Why is it that in Melbourne the Hitachi trains always operate in 6 cars
> while the newer Air Conditioned cars can run with 6 or 3 cars

The main reason, I suspect, would be the ease of dividing and amalgamating.  To
divide two Comeng trains would require pressing a button and raising the trips.
To divide two Hitachi trains would require manually uncoupling, closing the BP
and MR cocks and disconnecting the hoses, disconnecting the MU cable, and
raising the trips.

I think that is how the trains work down there...

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard