Re: Some VR, V/Line questions

Krel wrote:

> On 12 Mar 1999 09:41:14 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:

Snip

> >On the Mildura track they built Sulky loop, Tourello loop, Talbot loop and Emu
> >loop, did they build any others?
> Not sure - will check in a couple of days.

Birchip loop was also part of this process. When they first opened it, it created
all sorts of safeworking nightmares while running the Vineland. The loop was
situated just after the station on the down side and if running in the up direction
you had to set back with the pass for any reason you ended up setting back the
wrong way through the trailable points. I forget what the did to overcome this
while the pass was still running, Of course the pass no longer runs anymore, so end
of problem. Another typical V/Line solution.

Watchem was also converted to a trailable points loop and Sutherland was installed
as a loop between St Arnaud and Donald with Cope Cope being closed.

> >Current status of Heywood to Mt Gambier track? (out of service but not
> >officially closed?)
> >
> AFAIK yep.
> >Is Ouyen to Pinnaroo still open? if closed, date?
> >
> Ouyen to State Border open as BG. State Border to Pinnaroo closed.
> Pinnaroo to Tailem Bend SG.
>
> >I will supply anyone on this NG thats wants one a file of the completed map.
> Yes Please.
> >
> Cheers
>
> Krel
> Cheers
>
> Krel
>
> Just another eccentric crank.

Gavin Potter.

gavpot@ozemail.com.au
gavin.potter@agric.nsw.gov.au

 http://www.ozemail.com.au/~gavpot
"Planning without action is futile. Action without planning
is fatal."  -Alan Speigel.