Re: Interesting tram sightings due to GP

Michael Walker wrote in message <920812626.938542@woody.hotkey.net.au>...
>Brought back memories driving along Plenty Road today passing all Z class
>trams on the Bundoora line. Extra especially sitting next to Z173 as I was
>turning into Grimshaw Street, would have been worth having a camera as this
>tram doesn't usually leave routes 34 or 11.
>
>Any other details of tram operation during the GP?

Route 48/75 replaced by Z's and A's on Sunday, terminated at
Spencer/Flinders along with City circle
Route 109 ran express from corner of Collins/Spencer to Southbank Depot both
sat and sun
they removed the "permanant" metal barriers in Spencer street and replaced
it with big plastic blocks... had a PA system (portable) to announce gate
numbers for trams (1 / 2 and 3 / 4)... fenced off the middle of spencer st
to stop people crossing and getting run over :) overall a very well
organised event :)

cheers
Johann